Please be sure to keep these links, your audience will want to find your:
There are a few wiki requirements teams must follow:
- All pages, images and files must be hosted on the 2014.igem.org server.
- All pages must be created under the team’s name space.
- As part of your documentation, keep the links from the menu to the left.
- Do not use flash in wiki code.
- The iGEM logo should be placed on the upper part of every page and should link to 2014.igem.org.
Visit the Wiki How To page for a complete list of requirements, tips and other useful information.
We are currently working on providing teams with some easy to use design templates.
In the meantime you can also view other team wikis for inspiration! Here are some very good examples
For a full wiki list, you can visit iGEM 2013 web sites and iGEM 2012 web sites lists.
This wiki will be your team’s first interaction with the rest of the world, so here are a few tips to help you get started:
- State your accomplishments! Tell people what you have achieved from the start.
- Be clear about what you are doing and what you plan to do.
- You have a global audience! Consider the different backgrounds that your users come from.
- Make sure information is easy to find; nothing should be more than 3 clicks away.
- Avoid using very small fonts and low contrast colors; information should be easy to read.
- Start documenting your project as early as possible; don’t leave anything to the last minute before the Wiki Freeze. For a complete list of deadlines visit the iGEM 2013 calendar
- Have lots of fun!